Monday, December 15, 2008

4 steps to success for Spotify

- Community

What I Like about Deezer is the community perspective of a gigantic record collection. When I am out of inspiration I want to see/listen what other peeps dig. I want to see that I'm not alone while searching for cool new songs. This is one reason that I often switch to VLC / ShoutCast, that I want new music that other people choose for me. (Shoutcast/Electro/DIGITAL IMPORTED is a fav.)

- DJ / Party functions

Spotify at it's best is at a party. (almost)unlimited number of songs for all tastes. Whats missing in a part is basic DJ functions such as beat-matching, cross fade between songs and maybe visual effects. When we have the unlimited jukebox, please skip the booring gaps and fade-outs that makes the dance floor fade :)

- Mobile version

I want it in my SonyEricsson. I want it in my iPod Touch. Then I will never leech another pirate song again.

- API

As a developer I get all kind of crazy ideas, how to integrate Spotify and music in new web services. Please give me a API to play around with. Please crowdsource the tech developent to us.

No comments: